posted 20 Jan 2012 12:35 by Kununurra Historical Society Inc. Archive and Museum
updated 22 Jan 2012 01:48
The 1st Industrial Pump Engine on the Ord
Added a new page about the pump engine used at Carlton Reach, Ord River Experimental Station, by Kimberley Michael Durack and his brother William Aiden Durack. It was in use from installation late in 1941 through to 1946, when the station was moved, lock, stock and barrell, to the new blacksoil site at Dillon's Bottle Tree, to become the Kimberley Research Station.
Have a read at the...
There are plans to have this pump engine placed near the entrance gate of the Kununurra Museum, to make this more accessible to all, and to help show the local, State, and National significance of tropical agriculture to the history of the region.